Inspiration: Often poets use images, paintings, or photographs to inspire writing. Today, pick one of these pics to spark your poem (or choose your own image and link to it). Consider one of these ideas to get you poem-ing:
- Write the inner thoughts of a person or object in the image or who composed the image. Write from a growth mindset of what he or she is working through, figuring out about the world, patiently understanding through careful observation.
- Tell the story of the image. What is happening?
- Pick an object within the image and write from its perspective.
- Personify a feeling, object, idea, from the image (e.g., like Hope, Shame, Love – as you did in Ms. Rittner’s writing class).
- Use colors, sounds, smells, shapes, textures to make your words as vivid as the image.